Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Eating at macca's while in HK

I've resigned to the fact that I really cannot afford to spend more than $1000AUD while we are in HK. BUT- i really don't think i'll need more than that. Will I? I don't really need to buy anything while i'm over there except food and maybe some souvenirs... I'll prob get some business stuff made up while I'm over there but my HK confidante reckons that I can get outfits for around $40AUD each- I HOPE SO! That would mean I could get 10 and i'd still have $600AUD left over! The exchange rate seems to be rising. I managed to get some cash for around $1=$5HKD which seems to be the norm around the city. Today the rate is $5.10- i know its only 10c but its a huge difference. I didn't know that Commonwealth had foreign exchange though so I missed out on around $40 =(
I haven't changed all my money yet but i'm hoping that I really don't spend more than what I've budgeted (i'm going to try really hard!!!) I still need around $3000-$4000 for Europe =(( I'm going to be in debt when I get back to Perth.

Are we going to need ringgit in Brunei?

5 Comments:

Blogger kahsean said...

oh yeah i need to change some HK$ for snacks n food etc b4 we head there. i think $1000k is way too less, but then again your not relly there to shop right (well besdies ur work clothes). i was planning on bringin 1.5k but otherr r bringing like 2k or even 3k!! guess in the end it all comes to you.

haha dnt worry shirley, im gna be cheap on food cz i noe i wanna shop more :P

4:38 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

Brunei isn't a part of Malaysia, so they don't use RM.
We can use Singapore Dollars over in Brunei, or get money exchanged to Brunei dollars.

I am also budgeting AUD$1000! haha!
But I'm not stinging on food- BRING ON THE EGG TARTS.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Yuets said...

OMG kahsean! how can u be cheap on food in HK! There's so much yummy stuff to eat in HK! DIM SUMM esp! ur gonna miss out!

hope u all have an awesome time :D

12:10 AM  
Blogger Mai said...

Haha.. main priority in asian countries is definetly foood!! :D then again cheap shopping, so i'd say somewhere inbetween! haha..nah food first, leftovers for shopping!!!

3:48 PM  
Blogger YuehLai said...

Brunei dollars is equivalent to indo dollars. So using sgp money, is wayyyyy too much! Just exchange less than $50 into brunei. It will be more than enough.

Btw, don't worry abt the $20 shirley. Keep it for the tax books. Thanks btw, i will return it to you sometime after exams! Good Luck!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home